Monday, July 16, 2012

I'm havin' a bad bad day (sing along with me)

O.k. so maybe you think I am off my rocker about now. You would be right, I am, but that's a whole different topic. Today I would like to introduce you to Callum.  This sweet little boy, reminds me so much of one of the minions in Pixar's movie, "Despicable Me." I know that sounds awful, but truly, it's a beloved movie of my four children.

Callum is 7 years old and still waiting for a family. He was born at 25 weeks gestation and has some special needs as a result. Callum has vision issues as a result of his prematurity. Obviously, he has been able to get glasses to help correct this issue and they only make him more adorable! Callum has good self-care abilities and is toilet trained. He needs someone to work with him and see he gets the needed therapies to overcome his delays caused by prematurity and being raised in an orphanage. Imagine this sweet boy sitting on his Mama or Papa's lap enjoying a bedtime story. Picture his joy as he begins to learn to read himself. Imagine his face beaming with pride as his speech therapy helps him to speak better. Think of all the possibilities which are open to Callum if he can just be given a chance. Callum currently only has $10 in his adoption grant. Let's help get this number higher! Don't forget to share Callum's photo. If you are able, please consider a tax deductible donation to his adoption grant. And never underestimate the power of prayer. Pray Callum's family are inspired to look for him. Pray for their eyes to be opened to see him and know he is their son. Callum's  Mama and Papa are out there somewhere, they just haven't found him yet!

2 comments:

  1. I've always wondered whether those glasses are real. They don't look like they have any lenses in them, and if you look at the way they sit on his forehead above his right eye, it looks like the frame is flush against his skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered too, though his description did say he wears glasses. I just think the entire picture is too cute.

      Delete