Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Jumping right in...

Welcome to my blog! I'm glad you're here! Come on in and join me as I advocate for orphans world-wide and chronicle our process of becoming an adoptive family. If you read my bio and look at my profile picture, you will notice that we are not a childless couple. In fact, we have 4 biological children ranging in age from 10 to almost 2. But, guess what? Adoption is not just for people who can't have "their own" kids. Adoption is not just for people who are wealthy (although, money does help as it is expensive). Adoption is not just for people who are "amazing." To a child who has spent his/her life in an institution, a family with brothers and sisters, tight quarters, shopping on a budget, and hand-me-downs is a dream come true. And so it is with that in mind that I begin this journey and I have chosen to share it publicly so that others can follow along and cheer with us as we reach each milestone...and cry and pray with us as we encounter discouragement and frustration. So here we go, from the ground up. 

Current Status: Saving for home study. 
Cost: $1400 
Plan in place: Simple belt tightening for now. Monthly grocery shopping has so far proven not only to save us money, but to make life easier. Fast food is my weakness, so trying to remain strong there.

Amount saved: Not much YET, but it's only week 1.

And that about wraps it up for today. Please feel free to post or contact me with any questions or comments you may have about our journey. I look forward to sharing this with all of you.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment